05 December, 2009

More reasons to think about making a will

About a week ago, I began gathering some thoughts for my intended next post concerning making wills, especially given that anecdotally I've noticed an upward trend in matters I'm involved in. As it happens, day to day work took priority and then, when I happened to find 20 minutes to read last Wednesday's Sydney Morning Herald, I read a decent article by Lesley Parker on this very topic addressing many of the issues I too wanted to address.

Paker draws on various sources and comments on a range of matters, such as if you die without a will the law decides who gets what of your assets, which may not be what you intended. And, whether you like it or not, you do have a responsibility to provide for family. There's much more, of course, and it's definitely a worthwhile read.

No comments:

Post a Comment