24 January, 2009

Displaying a Statement of Ethics

Just the other day I was in a meeting attended by various businesses people. Someone raised the subject of codes of ethics for various industries and professions. From that came a question to those present as to whether we followed such a code that applied to our respective industries and professions. All replied yes. The next question was whether such code was displayed at our places of business. Almost all present, including me, replied yes. For years I have been proudly displaying a Statement of Ethics in my office reception, where its visible to visitors.

The conversation then moved to whether these codes were on our respective websites. Well, until then it hadn't even crossed my mind, but I immediately realised there wasn't one my website. I've now rectified that by adding a page reproducing my profession's Statement of Ethics to which, as the preamble on the linked web page states, I aspire to achieve and maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment